[time-nuts] advice

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Wed Feb 22 03:54:34 EST 2017

bruce.griffiths at xtra.co.nz said:
> If you have a dark fiber or 2 between the surface and the lab and a pair of
> sufficiently stable lasers (one at the surface and one in the underground
> lab) you could look at the change in beat frequency between the lasers
> (around 50Hz for a pair of red lasers).

Interesting idea.  Thanks.

How stable is a good laser and/or how hard do I have to work (or how much do
I have to pay) to get one stable enough for this experiment?  What's the line
width on a typical laser?  How much does it wander with temperature and
supply voltage and phase of the moon?

--
These are my opinions.  I hate spam.