[time-nuts] TTimelab question

Bob Camp kb8tq at n1k.org
Wed Feb 22 07:46:12 EST 2017

Hi

> On Feb 21, 2017, at 11:45 PM, Mark Sims <holrum at hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> I doubt that it is something TAPR would do.   Building complete systems gets into all sorts of issues (mainly regulatory).

There’s also the issue of cost. If you need to sell maybe 200 gizmos at $100 to make things work, The same process is a bit more
exciting when it’s 200 gizmos at $800. In the first case, somebody needs to front the money for a $20,000 project. In the second
case they may need to take out a second mortgage. If 20 of the $100 devices don’t sell, they have $2K in inventory to write off.
In the second case they have $16K. As you can quickly see on their web site, some of their projects hang around in inventory
for a *long* time.  Yes, that’s all in sales dollars to make the math easy. Somehow I doubt that TAPR is a high margin / high profit
organization :)

Bob