[time-nuts] TTimelab question

Christopher Hoover ch at murgatroid.com
Tue Feb 28 12:44:04 EST 2017

One way to do cheap, short-run enclosure costs is to use extruded aluminum
cases of this sort
<http://www.alliedelec.com/hammond-manufacturing-1455k1201/70166714/?mkwid=sOVPIPHJu&pcrid=30980760979>.
They extrusion only needs to be cut to length.   It is completed with a
front and back panel that is just a simple stamping or lasering of sheet
metal.   You get a lot of pieces out of one sheet.   Add optional silk
screening.

For full stamped and braked enclosures, I've gotten quite decent prices
from United Sheet Metal for short runs (100's).   They often send the job
to Taiwan.

Protocase is good for 1-10 pieces.

-ch