[time-nuts] Leap-second capture on laptop

Philip Gladstone pjsg-timenuts at nospam.gladstonefamily.net
Sun Jan 1 11:48:54 EST 2017

I added this message to the Linux kernel near the end of 1993. There is
a companion message that indicates the removal of the leap second -- but
this has never been seen (except in testing!).

In retrospect, it isn't clear that jumping the clock by a second was the
right decision, but, at the time, it was the "obvious" thing to do.

Philip