[time-nuts] new year crashes

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Sun Jan 1 23:19:41 EST 2017

mark at alignedsolutions.com said:
> Are there "leap second" test sets that non time nuts could use to generate
> leap second events during pre commissioning tests ?   (I'm envisioning some
> form of NTP server that could generate leap second events on command ?)

There is a file of leap seconds.  You can edit it to add your own.  Then the
normal ntpd will make leap seconds.

That only makes them at midnight UTC.

The file has a checksum.  You either have to write some code to compute the
new checksum, or comment it out and use a version of ntpd that accepts a leap
file without a checksum.

--
These are my opinions.  I hate spam.