[time-nuts] EFOS2 MASER turns 34!

cdelect at juno.com cdelect at juno.com
Mon Jan 2 13:18:30 EST 2017

Happy Birthday EFOS2 Maser!

The EFOS2 active hydrogen Maser at my place just turned 34 years old!
Pretty impressive reliability.
It is an Oscilloquartz Maser, they are now called T4 Science.
I know a guy in Norway that bought the refurbished EFOS3 Maser last
year directly from T4 Science! It is 32 Years old!
I have had the EFOS2 running here pretty much continuously since
Sept 2007.
I've had to refill the Hydrogen bottle 3 times.
replaced ion pumps 4 times (requires a CLEAN vacuum pumping system)
Had to repair one of the ion pump supplies (bad capacitor)
Also removed original 1 transistor power oscillator that was used to
drive the discharge providing the atomic Hydrogen.
I replaced it with a custom class A oscillator amplifier.
It uses an Oscilloquartz B5400 Quartz oscillator that has aged very
little since 2007!

Cheers,

Corby Dawson