[time-nuts] Temperature (environmental) sensors

jimlux jimlux at earthlink.net
Tue Jan 3 12:54:16 EST 2017

On 1/3/17 9:15 AM, Bob Camp wrote:
> Hi
>
> There is an ever increasing pool of good sensors to put into something like this.
> (More so for temperature and pressure. Humidity still is a bit of an issue.)
> There’s not a lot to interface between the sensor and a USB “chip”. It’s surprising
> that there aren’t more cheap / high accuracy choices out there.

the market probably isn't there for a cheap "pod" with an interface and
high accuracy..

The Lascar units (and similar $100-ish ones from others) meet most of
the existing need fairly well (e.g. monitoring the temperature of your
freezer for FDA regulatory compliance, monitoring the temp and humidity
in your ESD controlled space)..

The need for 0.1 degree C room temp measurement is, I think, fairly limited