[time-nuts] Line Voltage - USA

Vlad time at patoka.org
Tue Jan 3 12:29:50 EST 2017

I put some raw data here:

http://www.patoka.ca/OCXO/60HZ.logs.tar.Z

Unfortunately its not continuous, because of for some period of times my
machine was offline (software upgrades or my radio made some mess with
RF which affects the MCU and recordings. And I was busy with something
else to check what was going on there...

The format is very simple:

# [Time Stamp]            [Period]              [1/9830400]
16-12-05 22:00:56.683 [-] 0.01667439778643      163916  -49
16-12-05 22:02:04.976 [-] 0.01667348225909      163907  +9
16-12-05 22:03:13.253 [-] 0.01666941324869      163867  +40

The column [-/+/0] just indicate if periods is up or down from the
"golden standard"
The [1/9830400] - is the what the timer(counter) value was
and the last column is just a delta with previous measurement

Note: the device itself catch each and every zero-cross event 8192
times, and then do averaging (simple shift to the right the big counter
value). Then it took this averaged value, translate it to main periods
and prints the results as [Period]

Regards,
Vlad

On 2017-01-03 11:41, Artek Manuals wrote:
> Vlad
>
> do you have that data for a longer period of time...say 3 to 6 months?
>
> Dave
>

> On 1/3/2017 11:05 AM, Vlad wrote:
>>

>> Speaking about MAIN... I was interesting to see if "leap second" event
>> has correlation with MAIN frequency fluctuation
>>
>> Here is graphs for the MAIN periods recorded. Note: The data on the
>> charts is "smoothed" by Bezier curves
>>
>> I could see some "surge" which starts to climb in December 30 and end
>> at Dec 31 at the time close to the "leap second" event. But not sharp.
>>
>> For 16-12-29 00:00 to 17-01-02 00:00
>> http://www.patoka.ca/OCXO/60hz-periods-Dec29-Jan2.png
>>

>> For Dec 31:
>> http://www.patoka.ca/OCXO/60hz-periods-Dec31.png
>>

>> It will be interesting to see/compare if anybody else has similar
>> stats.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Vlad
>>

>> On 2017-01-02 13:00, Tim Shoppa wrote:
>>> What modern loads are actually sensitive to high (say, +10 to +20%)
>>> line
>>> voltage?
>>>
>>> Old incandescent light bulbs were among the most sensitive loads in
>>> the
>>> past (so much so, that 130V light bulbs were commonly available from

--
WBW,

V.P.