[time-nuts] Temperature (environmental) sensors

Scott Stobbe scott.j.stobbe at gmail.com
Tue Jan 3 13:08:15 EST 2017

The good news is if the dataloger you get has a mems pressure sensor, you
will have a high precision temperature sensor, whether or not the product
software provides that resolution to you is another matter. In addition to
the piezo-resistive bridge being mechanically sensitive to diaphragm
strain, they are also great thermistors. Which ends up requiring a high
resolution temperature sensor to temperature compensate the bridge readings.

Two related but off target products I would personally recommend is picking
up a used EeePC as a usb data sink. I bought one of the originals back
almost 10 years ago, and I still find it to come in handy once in awhile
versus a rasperry pi, you could likely pick one up for nothing today. A USB
labjack works quite well to tack up a few thermistors to a DUT for logging,
it also has full driver support for linux/windows with a python interface
(other languages too).