[time-nuts] Line Voltage - USA

Dr. David Kirkby (Kirkby Microwave Ltd) drkirkby at kirkbymicrowave.co.uk
Wed Jan 4 09:25:36 EST 2017

Dr. David Kirkby Ph.D CEng MIET
Kirkby Microwave Ltd
Registered office: Stokes Hall Lodge, Burnham Rd, Althorne, Essex, CM3 6DT,
UK.
Registered in England and Wales, company number 08914892.
http://www.kirkbymicrowave.co.uk/
Tel: 07910 441670 / +44 7910 441670 (0900 to 2100 GMT only please)

On 4 January 2017 at 14:06, David C. Partridge <
david.partridge at perdrix.co.uk> wrote:

> Time to call your supply co.
>
> Dave

I think I'll wait a few more days and collect some more data. I'm just too
close to the upper limit to be confident it is not the uncertainty in my
instruments.

I'd also feel a bit happier if the meter was not 20 years old and had a
valid calibration certificate. I just phoned Tektronix and they want £160
(GBP) + VAT to calibrate this 6000 count handheld DMM. Ouch. I will not
bother with that.

Keysight are quoting $210.00 (USD) to do a 6.5 digit 3457A. That's more
attractive, but a 3457A is not really suited to logging data next to an
electricity meter. It is just not practical to get a GPIB connection there.

Dave