[time-nuts] FE-5650A option 58 tuning word for 10 MHz output

Scott Stobbe scott.j.stobbe at gmail.com
Mon Jan 9 10:40:25 EST 2017

A 32-bit DDS synthesizing at 1/5 Fs, yields a tuning resolution of ~ 1 ppb.
So, I would imagine a slightly lower frequency is programmed into the DDS
and the c-field is trimmed to yield a higher precision. If the new
synthesized tone you wish to generate is an integer number of DDS codes you
could start by assuming the c-field is trimmed to be on frequency, but if
the new tone is a fractional number of 32-bit DDS codes you will have to
manually trim if you want higher precision.