[time-nuts] wifi with time sync

Bob Camp kb8tq at n1k.org
Fri Jan 13 16:17:19 EST 2017

Hi

It just so happens that I’m trying to track down an issue with my WiFi as
I type this. My *guess* is that there is a dropout going on. The only easy
way I can see to get a round trip time with a high data rate is to run ping.
It’s the only tool that gives me something that is fast enough to spot issues.
Is it perfect? certainly not. Is it an upper bound that is also likely the limit
for things like NTP - in my experience it sure is. That of course assumes
the gizmo that sends the pings back does so quickly and consistently. I’ve
spent enough time testing that side of it that I’m quite sure it’s true in this case.

Bob