[time-nuts] 5065A - Looking for AC XFMR PAECO 9100-2742 specification

Poul-Henning Kamp phk at phk.freebsd.dk
Thu Jul 27 15:58:45 EDT 2017

--------
In message <675538475.428966.1501176257165 at mail.yahoo.com>, Ulf Kylenfall via t
ime-nuts writes:

>Removing that board I discovered that the "24-32V" raw DC was some
>40 Volts.

That's a bit on the high side, but not excessively so.

HP tended to let the linear regulators shave a big slice in
precision instruments, probably to make sure that absolutely
no ripple makes it through.

If I were you, I would ditch the transformer entirely, and go with
an external DC PSU and put a high-quality DC/DC converter in the
HP5065A

See:

	http://phk.freebsd.dk/hacks/HP5065A/20150930_dcdc/index.html