[time-nuts] A look inside the DS3231

Graham / KE9H ke9h.graham at gmail.com
Thu Jul 27 16:34:15 EDT 2017

Pete:

If you are concerned about someone copying a chip, you can not rely on the
original manufacturers' markings on the die.

I have experience where the counterfeiter just photocopied the chip layout,
including the original manufacturers marks, and copyright symbol and notice
from the original die.

So, when they copied the die, they really just copied it. Didn't change a
thing. It was not like they redesigned it, or were selling their own design
with equivalent functionality.

--- Graham / KE9H

==