[time-nuts] Trimble Thunderbolt no longer determines thecorrect date

Tom Van Baak tvb at LeapSecond.com
Thu Jul 27 22:01:11 EDT 2017

> Well quite an unpleasant surprise. So after the 30th do the TBolts stop

Paul,

This topic has been covered a number of times over the years. Some time-nuts have even run TBolt's under GPS simulators to verify that the 10 MHz and 1PPS outputs will be fine. So apparently the only effect is that the date & time (in binary TSIP messages) are off by 1024 weeks. This rollover-related effect is by now a "common" issue with many GPS receivers.

The current version of Mark's Lady Heather program has code to detect this and fix it so you're good to go for the next 19.6 years.

/tvb