[time-nuts] Low-power oscillators (was: A look inside the DS3231)

Attila Kinali attila at kinali.ch
Sun Jul 30 08:29:24 EDT 2017

On Sun, 30 Jul 2017 08:15:57 -0400
Tim Shoppa <tshoppa at gmail.com> wrote:

>  I would imagine there's a series of patents by watch
> companies on this subject as well probably all back in the 1970's and

There are also a lot of papers and books. I can recommend those
written by Eric Vittoz, who was the mastermind behind quite a
few of the oscillator circuits of the Swiss watch industry.
In particular his book on low power oscillators[1]. He also
wrote a review of the history of low power electronics in
the watch industry about 10 years ago[2], which is also very
much worth a read.

			Attila Kinali

[1] "Low-Power Crystal and MEMS Oscillators", by Eric Vittoz, 2010
[2] "The Electronic Watch and Low-Power Circuits", by Eric Vittoz, 2008
    https://doi.org/10.1109/N-SSC.2008.4785777
--
You know, the very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common.
They don't alters their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to