[time-nuts] The future of Telecom Frequency Standard surplus

Bob kb8tq kb8tq at n1k.org
Thu Jun 1 08:41:18 EDT 2017

Hi

The flip side of this is that the number of hardware junkies is not increasing. The
world is moving to software as the way to do things. As we all move on, our giant
piles of stuff will have to go to somebody (or the landfill). Most of this stuff is built
to last a *long* time. There are a few exceptions (Cs tubes). I’d bet that the net
result is a pretty good availability on all these gizmos for a very long time. You may
not be buying 3 year old stuff, but there will still be stuff to buy.

Bob