[time-nuts] Poor man's oven

Poul-Henning Kamp phk at phk.freebsd.dk
Tue Jun 6 07:26:23 EDT 2017

--------
In message <A9E08DB0-2CB4-46EE-BC6F-3F3F9BC65931 at n1k.org>, Bob kb8tq writes:

>In an OCXO design, the gotcha
>is matching the PTC oven temperature to the crystal turn. You can do that if
>you have a substantial inventory of material and custom fab the oven after
>the crystal is built.

Bob, you of all people must be able to answer this:

OCXO's have specified temperature ranges for instance
-40...+70°C for the heavy duty stuff.

But I cant imagine the ovens used are so perfect that they have the
same regulation performance at all temperatures.

I can choose the exterior temperature, which I should prefer ?

Disregard aging of electronics and materials, we all know that
stuff, what I'm interested in is at which exterior temperature
OCXO ovens work best ?