[time-nuts] Poor man's oven

Attila Kinali attila at kinali.ch
Tue Jun 6 10:34:49 EDT 2017

On Tue, 6 Jun 2017 05:52:56 -0700
jimlux <jimlux at earthlink.net> wrote:

> > Disregard aging of electronics and materials, we all know that
> > stuff, what I'm interested in is at which exterior temperature
> > OCXO ovens work best ?
>
> Here's my guess...
>
> 1) you want minimal gradients across the device for a variety of reasons
> 2) therefore you want least amount of heat from the heater
> 3) therefore somewhat below the setpoint of the heater.
>
> How far below? I've no idea.

I counter that guess! :-)

1) You want the control loop as stable as possible
2) Stability is directly related to controllability
3) The larger the heat flow, the better the controllability
4) therefore the outside temperature should be as low as possible

Do we have to battle now, to see who is right? :-)

				Attila Kinali
use without that foundation.