[time-nuts] Poor man's oven

Bob kb8tq kb8tq at n1k.org
Tue Jun 6 16:37:27 EDT 2017

Hi

Often when you dig into the details of MCU ADC’s they have a little note “optimized for audio” or
“not recommended for control loops”. It can be a bit of a head scratcher to work out what they are
getting at. The big issues in this case seem to be DC leakage and 1/F noise. Yes, they do sort of go hand in hand :)
You need to be willing to check out the ENOB at DC in order to use them effectively in a simple
OCXO setup. That or be willing to flip the bridge ends on demand and try to cancel out the issues.
Unfortunately that adds both complexity and a string of other fun and games.

Op amps are cheap ….

Bob