[time-nuts] uC ADC resolution (was: Poor man's oven)

Bob kb8tq kb8tq at n1k.org
Wed Jun 7 14:32:26 EDT 2017

Hi

There is a gotcha with the initial assumption: You want the loop to be
*quiet* at a level well below 0.1C. If it is bouncing around that much,
the second order (rate defendant) tempco of a normal crystal will
become a pretty major issue.

Simple rule of thumb - add at least two bits past whatever the target is.
More or less, if you *are* after 0.1C and that comes out to 6 bits, you need
eight solid bits to get things to work properly.

Bob