[time-nuts] Lucent RFTG-u : DE-9 connector (sliding lock)

Gregory Beat w9gb at icloud.com
Sat Jun 10 17:32:44 EDT 2017

Jerry -

I noted that no one answered your query from April.
D-subminiature connectors were introduced by Cannon in 1952.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/D-subminiature

That "sliding lock" (or latch) method for attachment was common with AUI connections (15-pin size)  for the original Ethernet (10-Base-5) in late 1970s and 1980s.

SPEC DETAILS matter here, you require 9-pin (DE-9 style).
Pull up the Data sheet for the mfg. you select (FCT, Harting, NorComp),
to assure you purchase all necessary pieces required.

Mouser Electronics carries these parts.
http://www.mouser.com/Connectors/D-Sub-Connectors/D-Sub-Tools-Hardware/_/N-9gyd6?P=1z0yhcsZ1yz0n4z

Digi-Key also carries these "locking" parts
https://www.digikey.com/products/en?mpart=09670009914&v=1195
Example drawing (Harting)
https://b2b.harting.com/files/download/PRD/PDF_TS/09670009914_BL01_R29760_100198914DRW002A.pdf

good luck .... I assembled / repaired far too many of these 35 years ago.

greg
w9gb

--
Hello, I’ve been using regular D-subminiature shells (DE-9 size) to hold the power connector onto the REF0 and REF1 and they come loose when I mess with the units.  I’ve been looking all over today and can’t find the specific shell type that I need to use to clamp onto the D-sub connector.
The REF0 and REF1 have small round discs that probably use a shell that is more of a clamp opposed to a screw-down type.  Where can I find the proper D-sub shells?

Thanks,  Jerry

Sent from iPad Air