[time-nuts] TAPR GPS Experimenters Kit

Chris Waldrup kd4pbj at gmail.com
Tue Jun 13 23:12:17 EDT 2017

Hi,

I have my board packaged up and am trying to get it working.
Last night I built the cable to split out serial, 1 PPS and power.
My unit powers up, and the 1 PPS and RxD LEDs are flashing and the green power LED is solid on.
However I can't get serial to work and the TxD LED isn't flashing.
I verified the pinout of the cable I made with a DMM. Pins 2 and 3 are swapped between connectors so the RX is going to TX for each of the two lines and pin 5 ground is the same on both D sub 9 connectors.
I have tried Lady Heather, Tboltmon, and even just pulling up hyperterminal and I'm getting nothing.
My settings are COM1 9600 8-N-1 and I'm using a Dell laptop that has an actual serial port and am running XP.
When I'm Thunderbolt Monitor program, the green TX LED icon on the screen flashes and when it does the RxD lights on the M12+.
Just no TxD coming out of the M12+.
Has anyone else had a problem with this? If so is it fixable?
Thank you.

Chris