[time-nuts] The clocks at Windsor Castle, UK

jim stephens jwsmail at jwsss.com
Fri Jun 16 19:05:03 EDT 2017

On 6/16/2017 3:31 PM, Bob kb8tq wrote:
> Hi
>
> They have been a novelty item just about as long as people have made clocks.
> Exactly what they do or do not have for adjustment capability would be very much
> a “that depends” kind of thing. There must be some method of getting the beast
> up to sync. It *could* be pretty involved.
>
> Bob
My father and I were @ a Costco quite some time ago and there was a very
nice clock with full Westminster chimes & moon phase. Drove the wife
nuts that we stood around fiddling with it to get it set properly and
back in phase with the other dials.

One of those things that sticks in your gut sometimes if you're a time
nut.  My dad was my original time nut.  He found out that he could take
pocket watches apart when he was a kid and get them running again (1930s).

Fathers Day plug as well.  Miss him a lot
thanks
Jim