[time-nuts] Halcyon OFS

GandalfG8 at aol.com GandalfG8 at aol.com
Mon Jun 19 08:13:05 EDT 2017

Hi Clint,

There seems to have been very little information available from Halcyon on
either the OFS or PFS off air references. All I've seen is the OFS
alignment document that Stephen is already sending to you.

There were two versions of the OFS1, the later version had similar
proportions to a Quartzlock 2A whilst the earlier was in a taller case and  not so
wide.

That board in the alignment notes seems to match reasonably closely to a
couple of photos I have of the earlier circuit board. I'll send you copies
of those photos for reference as they might help you pinpoint any changes  if
they match your unit, but I've got no information on the later board so
not sure how similar that might be.

The off air section of the PFS1 was significantly different to the  earlier
OFS1 at least.

Nigel, GM8PZR

I have been given a Halcyon Electronics OFS1 standard which seems to work,
it's a version that has 198KHz and 162KHz selector on the fron and after
areasonable period of time it displays 'lock' and gives a nicely stable 1,10
and  10 MHz output on the front panel BNCs, (I know, it should be 1,5 and
10MHz out,  read on)
Does anyone know of a PDF manual? This version has two KHz crystals
insideit and I'd like to see how/if it's been modified so a manual with a
schematic would be even more useful.

Clint