[time-nuts] SR620 TCXO calibration

Dr. David Kirkby (Kirkby Microwave Ltd) drkirkby at kirkbymicrowave.co.uk
Tue Jun 20 08:09:54 EDT 2017

On 19 June 2017 at 21:43, David C. Partridge <david.partridge at perdrix.co.uk>
wrote:

> Yes please. ...

OK, the code is here

http://www.kirkbymicrowave.co.uk/tmp/srs-0.02.tar.gz

Note

1) It has only be tested on Solaris SPARC, with a National Instruments GPIB
card.

2) I would expect it to run under Linux, with few if any changes. If any
are needed for an NI card, please let me know. I don't mind trying to get
it to run under Linux, or any Unix system.

3) I've no idea how easy it would be to run under Windoze, and have no
intention of trying to help getting it to run under Windoze.

4) There's no man page, but there is some rudimentary in-built help, if you
run it with the wrong number of arguments. Below I run it with none, so it
generates a semi-helpful help message. It needs at least one option, and a
GPIB address. So something like

srs --time 12

would run it time-internval mode, and expect to find the SR620 on address
12.

I've NOT distributed this before, and have made no attempt to clean it up
to consider it in a fit state to distribute. But feel free to try it. Send
any comments directly to me.

Consider it released under the GPL version 2, or at your option any later
version.

drkirkby at buzzard:~/srs-0.02/src$ ./srs
srs - Version 0.02, by David Kirkby, G8WRB, drkirkby at kirkbymicrowave.co.uk
Dumps data from a Stanford Research SR620 time-interval counter
Usage: srs [options] GPIB_address
**MODE**
  --time
  --width
  --risefall
  --frequency (or use --freq)
  --phase
  --count

**SOURCE (or start)**
  --A
  --B
  --reference (or use --ref)
  --ratio

**SAMPLE SIZE**
  --size n (n=1 to 1000000)

**DISPLAY**
  --mean
  --rel
  --jitter
  --max
  --min
  --trig
  --dvm
**OTHERS**
  --autocal
  --readcalbyte n
  --setcalbyte n m (sets calbye n to the value m)
  --settimebase (Put 10 MHz into input A before running this, to correct
the timebase)
  --help
  -h, --help
  -v, --version