[time-nuts] Plate Tectonics was: GPS Antenna on Tower.

Brooke Clarke brooke at pacific.net
Tue Jun 20 16:29:24 EDT 2017

Hi Bryan:

The first data on tectonic plate movement came from the Latitude Observatories.  The Longitude problem was solved fairly
quickly by Harrison's clocks but the uncertainty of an observatories latitude because of wobble of the pole took much
longer and was addressed by a hand full of Latitude Observatories all at 39 deg 8 min North, and I'm lucky to have one
in my town.
http://www.prc68.com/I/UkiahObs.shtml
Note this is more like an extremely accurate surveying instrument than a telescope for star watching.  We will be having
star parties since it's summer and the sky here is dark enough to see the Milky way.

--
Have Fun,

Brooke Clarke
http://www.PRC68.com