[time-nuts] Charles Wenzel GPSDO

Bruce Griffiths bruce.griffiths at xtra.co.nz
Wed Jun 21 21:11:41 EDT 2017

The monostable is a bit of a kludge.
Surely using a shift register to synchronise the PPS to 10MHz (or 1MHz) and comparing (using the same gated integrator arrangement) the synchroniser delay against a fixed pulse width generated by different taps on the same SR would be somewhat more stable? The fixed pulse width should be integer + 0.5 Shift Register clock periods. Ideally one would also remove the sawtooth error from the PPS before synchronising it.

Brucee