[time-nuts] Anderson PowerPole (was Charles Wenzel GPSDO)

Majdi S. Abbas msa at latt.net
Thu Jun 22 04:56:35 EDT 2017

On Thu, Jun 22, 2017 at 12:19:33AM -0700, Tom Van Baak wrote:
> What on earth are you doing with them that causes them to disconnect?
> I mean, they are not meant for towing or lifting or rappelling. For
> critical applications there is a plastic gizmo that keeps them mated;
> or just use a square or figure 8 knot on the cables.

	While the snap in plastic clips do a nice job of keeping them
mated, the roll pin hole in the connectors is also a perfect size for a
4" zip tie, if you want to be /sure/ it doesn't go anywhere until you
let it.

	I also have had good experiences with the PowerPole series; they
tend to stay put, are self cleaning, and genderless is a huge plus.  I
have seen more traditional DC coaxial connectors fall out than PPs.
And I've seen a lot more cracked Molex connectors, or Molex pins backed
out of housings.  As common DC connectors go, they're just fine, and a
lot easier to work with than some of the newer alternatives.

	--msa