[time-nuts] Software for Spirent GSS4100 GPS simulator

Bob kb8tq kb8tq at n1k.org
Sun Jun 25 12:10:49 EDT 2017

Hi

The simple answer is that it’s much more simple than that :)

The 4100 and 6100 both run a very rudimentary serial command set. It’s
not quite SCPI, but that’s the idea. With a simple terminal program (any
terminal program ..) you can bash in the four or five lines that get it doing
what you need to do. I have a couple of 6100’s and see absolutely no reason
why you would *want* another layer of nonsense to deal with …

The newer simulators are a different sort of beast. There it looks like you
*do* want their software and a license key for it. They have a bunch of things
they do that are way beyond the “single sat” simulation of the 4100 or 6100.

Bob