[time-nuts] Power connectors continued

Chris Albertson albertson.chris at gmail.com
Mon Jun 26 22:47:30 EDT 2017

These expensive and exotic connectors are nice but are over kill for most
projects which live their entire lives on a lab bench and never fly to Mars
or even Low Earth Orbit.

I found out about "GX" style connectors a while back.  They are multi-pin
circular connectors with screw down locking rings with from 2 to 8 poles
and size either 12mm or 16mm diameter They are not suitable for use on
airplanes or the like but good enough for machine tools and any hobby
project that needs straight (no coax)  pins that are rated to 5 amps
continuous.

The really good part is the cost.   About $1 per mated pair.   Find them on
eBay searching for gx16 for the 16mm version of gx12 for the smaller one.
here is an example:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/10-Pcs-8-Pin-16mm-GX16-8
<http://www.ebay.com/itm/10-Pcs-8-Pin-16mm-GX16-8-Aviation-Plug-Power-Chassis-Male-Female-Panel-Connector-/272702764391?hash=item3f7e59f567:g:UA8AAOSwi7RZNQDE>

I think these win the bang per buck contest.

For a buck each, these are not machined from brass, I think molded pot
metal and chromed.

--

Chris Albertson
Redondo Beach, California