[time-nuts] time/sampling behavior of RTL-SDR

Scott Stobbe scott.j.stobbe at gmail.com
Tue Mar 7 22:01:26 EST 2017

I bought one awhile back from a company called NooElec as more of a novelty
item than anything. But I can say it runs quite hot and if you tune to the
3rd harmonic of a 10 MHz reference it takes a while to thermally stabilize.
In hindsight spending the extra 3-4 dollars for one with a TCXO would have
been worthwhile.