[time-nuts] Smart Phone time display accuracy...?

Nick Sayer nsayer at kfu.com
Thu Mar 16 15:10:34 EDT 2017

The time on mine is quite good, but I believe that’s because I have an Apple watch. If you pair an iOS device to an Apple Watch, I believe it suddenly “tries much harder” to keep its own clock in sync so that it can serve good time sync to the watch.

Apple has made grandiose claims about the accuracy of the watch, but human granularity for time is around 100 ms-ish anyway, so the bar is awfully high.