[time-nuts] ADEV query Timelab and TICC

John Ackermann N8UR jra at febo.com
Mon Mar 20 12:16:53 EDT 2017

I noticed with the TICC that the very high peak voltage on the 5061, 5065, etc. PPS causes trigger errors.  Putting a 50 ohm load at the TICC channel input helped a lot, or an attenuator might even be better.

These HP units have a very short pulse width that peaks at something like 20v into a high impedance.  It doesn't​ seem to hurt the TICC input circuit, but causes ringing that results in perceived jitter.  Knocking that down to TTL level solves the problem.