[time-nuts] Time Dilation tinkering

Bob Camp kb8tq at n1k.org
Thu Mar 23 07:33:26 EDT 2017

Hi

Back before GPS and similar systems, hauling Cs standards on commercial aircraft was
a bit more common than it is today. One of the critical tricks of the trade was knowing where
each power outlet was on a specific plane and how close it was to this or that seat. The next
trick was knowing how to talk the crew into letting you plug the gizmo in the seat next to yours
into that outlet. Sometimes the magic worked and other times you had to depend on your
battery pack. Needless to say, getting through the over ocean travel process with a dead
standard was not good news.

Bob