[time-nuts] Timelab, GPIB-USB-B in a VM

Tim Lister listertim at gmail.com
Mon Mar 27 18:43:20 EDT 2017

On Mon, Mar 27, 2017 at 2:48 PM, Bob Bownes <bownes at gmail.com> wrote:
> So I'm trying to run timelab in a windows 7 VM with a GPIB-USB-B interface.
>
> Anyone ever tried such a thing?
>
> The NI explorer sees the interface but nothing else does.
>
> Pointers welcome!

I believe you have to configure the Virtual Machine hosting software
to allow USB passthrough to the host OS. I cam across this recently in
a Youtube video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJ0Mfuj0KUQ) which
was getting an ADF4351 board's Windows software working under Linux -
unfortunately I don't have a stream pointer as to how far in it was
but I think it was towards the early-middle

> Data on a bunch of oscillators as soon as I get it to work...:)
>
> Thanks,
> Bob

Cheers,
Tim