[time-nuts] Fwd: Fwd: HP5061B Ion Current

Donald E. Pauly trojancowboy at gmail.com
Mon Mar 27 22:16:52 EDT 2017

https://www.febo.com/pipermail/time-nuts/2017-March/104374.html

The -2500 supply is nearly identical to the +3500 supply.  We will
post some photos on the disassembly process.  We also had to
disassemble the +3,500 supply because the 200 Meg resistor had gone up
in value.   It showed only 1,900 V with no load when it should have
shown 3,200 V.  We replaced the 47 uFd electrolytic with a tantalum as
a preventive measure.

After we repaired the -2,500 supply we measured the output voltage
versus beam current as set by front panel adjustment. Note that about
a 10% increase in electron multiplier voltage will double beam
current.

beam current  High Voltage
30                 -1,755
20                 -1,658
10                 -1,507

On our freshly repaired HP5061B, we ran it four hours with no voltage
on the ion pump.  It maintained lock when voltage was reapplied.  Ion
current and voltage were unchanged at 76 uA and 2500 V.  You
apparently can operate for some time with no ion pump.
========
Really good pix on the inside of the 3500V module. So the opening of the
can is the typical lots of heat and pry it open approach right?
How about a good pix of the 2500 Volt module?
Thanks
Paul
WB8TSL