[time-nuts] TruePosition GPS Receiver

Bob kb8tq kb8tq at n1k.org
Sat May 6 17:07:44 EDT 2017

Hi

Digging a bit more into this and that:

The board in this writeup:

http://www.qsl.net/wa2omy/A%20Packrat%20GPS%20Receiver%20Project.pdf <http://www.qsl.net/wa2omy/A%20Packrat%20GPS%20Receiver%20Project.pdf>

Has 2005 firmware in it (6 years before our boards). It was built at the end of 2006 (again about
6 years earlier). The connectors on the board are nothing like the connectors on the
boards I have. No idea when the earlier board was designed, the area that shows that data
on the later board is blank on the earlier board.

It is the same board as shown here in the PackRat stuff:

http://www.packratvhf.com/A%20Packrat%20GPS%20Receiver%20Project.pdf <http://www.packratvhf.com/A%20Packrat%20GPS%20Receiver%20Project.pdf>

Since the boards (and firmware) are very different, I would be careful about taking all
that is said in the previous write ups as valid. Pretty much everything needs to be checked.
Both the FPGA and the MCU went through major changes between the two boards. The
temperature sensor is very different on the newer design (if it’s even there on the old one ..).
They certainly share a common heritage. There are some major differences ( three coax
outputs vs 2 …missing connectors …..).

Bob