[time-nuts] HP10811 Oscillator Thermal Fuse

Bob kb8tq kb8tq at n1k.org
Mon May 8 21:07:45 EDT 2017

Hi

You will get a lot of diversity of opinion on the topic of the thermal fuse on the 10811.
My feeling is that they are a nuisance and contribute very little to the design. I’d just
short it out and move on. In the era of failure prone heater transistors or faulty thermistors,
the fuse may have made sense. That era ended before the 10811 went into production.

Bob