[time-nuts] Fwd: HP10811 Oscillator Thermal Fuse

Donald E. Pauly trojancowboy at gmail.com
Wed May 10 17:34:28 EDT 2017

https://www.febo.com/pipermail/time-nuts/2017-May/date.html

The poster at http://www.simonsdialogs.com/2016/09/a-thermal-fuse-and-hp-10811-60111-repair/
reported that the thermal fuse saved an oscillator from destruction
when a thermistor opened.  HP made thousands of these which sold for
$800.  If a large portion failed it would have been addressed.  They
raised the temperature of the thermal fuse to reduce nuisance blows.
I say that nuisance blows equal to real blows are worth the trouble.
You may be getting oscillators on the surplus market or eBay which
have a higher proportion of nuisance blows.

πθ°μΩω±√·Γλ
WB0KVV