[time-nuts] Lady Heather and Lucent RFTGm-II-XO / RFTGm-II-Rb

Bill Hawkins bill.iaxs at pobox.com
Thu May 25 20:23:32 EDT 2017

Been there and done that. Used a PicoScope in serial decoding mode to
get the bytes by clipping a probe to one of the serial lines. Got the
manual for the Motorola receiver from a web search, found the messages
detailed therein. Did this several years ago and those memories have
been overwritten. Still have the files, though. Only found Motorola
messages, nothing generated by Lucent code. Lucent uses the Motorola
messages to control the state of the units.

Still have the RFTG assembly with power supply, if there's any interest.
Seemed to me the group didn't think it was a fine instrument, but it is
well built. Have moved to an old folks home and found other projects to
keep me occupied. Make me an offer that might motivate me to pack and
ship it, with the data I collected.

Bill Hawkins