[time-nuts] GPS Kit Plates

Gregory Beat w9gb at icloud.com
Sat May 27 18:13:23 EDT 2017

Jerry -

Yes, from the GPS DE-9M connector to the PC (RS-232) and the DC power source.
I have been DIY building D-subminiature cables since 1980 (parts not an issue).

The SynPaQ/E version XTS (DE-9M) pin assignments are "non-standard" (not RS-232) and include DC power input, as well as 1 PPS output.  The wiring configuration is from the original Motorola "XT" Oncore and Synergy’s “XTS/II” OEM GPS Sensors (1990s).
This SynPaQ/E DE-9M wiring provides backward compatibility and a single connection for data I/O and DC power.
https://www.tapr.org/pdf/tapr-gps-kit.pdf

greg, w9gb

Sent from iPad Air