[time-nuts] GNSS Disciplined Clock

Bob kb8tq kb8tq at n1k.org
Sat May 27 19:39:58 EDT 2017

Hi

Second to second jitter *could* be  another interpretation of the 15 ns. That would be a pretty
loose number. Modern stuff after sawtooth correction gets down to < 1 ns on that basis. Since it’s
a GPSDO, I would guess it’s under 1 ns (1x10^-9) at one second.

Correcting for timing bias to get back to UTC is an involved process. The “easy” way to do it
is to run a dual frequency receiver and run the RINEX data through post processing. That only helps
you for “past history”. It is the most common way to do it. The same dual frequency process also
takes care of the X,Y,Z stuff.

Bottom line - with a single frequency device, you don’t have a lot of options for eliminating the bias
issues.

Bob