[time-nuts] ublox NEO-M8T improved by insulated chamber?

Chris Caudle chris at chriscaudle.org
Tue Nov 7 16:52:21 EST 2017

On Tue, November 7, 2017 3:30 pm, Ole Petter Ronningen wrote:
> Not knowing better, I would expect there to be diurnal effects due to the
> ionospere being in the shade or not.

I think that is generally true.

> Anyway, the effect I am seeing is also very slowly drifting, see screenshot
> of about 20 days of data below.

Your pictures are not making it to the list, it seems the list server
strips out inline images.  Actually inline images would imply you are
probably sending HTML messages and they are getting converted to plain
text.  You could try attaching the image as an attachment to a plain text
message, that may get through to the list.

Regarding the drifting, if you mean relative to the wall clock time, GPS
to planet alignment shifts because of rotation of earth, so the GPS
effects tend to align to around 23 hours, not 24 hours.  Is that the drift
you are seeing, or more than about an hour per day relative to solar time?

--
Chris Caudle