[time-nuts] Wenzel VHF PLO Oscillators Off Frequency

Mark Goldberg marklgoldberg at gmail.com
Mon Nov 13 05:04:01 EST 2017

On Sun, Nov 12, 2017 at 7:02 PM, Mark Goldberg <marklgoldberg at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Sun, Nov 12, 2017 at 6:38 PM, John Miles <john at miles.io> wrote:
>

>> Most of the 100 and 200 MHz bricks I've seen work with either 5 or 10 MHz
>> .  I don't know if I've seen any 80 MHz units that do.  All of the ones
>> I've bought on eBay have been from the customer-proprietary 500- series
>> with unusual input frequencies.
>>

> I swept the input from 1 to 100 MHz. They lock at 38.4 MHz in. Yes they
> are 4-5 kHz off when free running. Locked they are right on frequency.
>
> Mark

I have one more question.  Does anyone know if when unlocked it is possible
to apply a tuning voltage to the Phase Lock Voltage monitor pin? What good
is it to have an OCXO that needs to lock to a external frequency and is 4
kHz off when unlocked? When locked, it comes up on frequency from first
power on, so why would an oven be needed at all?

If interested, take a look at my qrz.com page for links as to why I am
doing this. I have fallen down the rabbit hole of more accurate frequency!

Thanks,

Mark
W7MLG