[time-nuts] Regarding Wenzel PLO's

Mark Goldberg marklgoldberg at gmail.com
Mon Nov 13 15:11:25 EST 2017

On Mon, Nov 13, 2017 at 12:57 PM, Ulf Kylenfall via time-nuts <
time-nuts at febo.com> wrote:

> Know then that the Wenzel PLO's are sensitive to the input Power levelof
> the external reference. The datasheet says one thingbut  the phase noise
> of the locked output signal won't look very good at allif the Reference
> Power is approaching the maximum specified input level...

Thanks for the info. I am driving it with 38.4 MHz from an 8642A signal
generator, locked to it's 10 MHz OCXO, not perfect but it has aged pretty
well and it is within 0.1 Hz of 10 MHz. The Wenzel datasheet says nothing
about the phase noise when locked. I will adjust the input level to get the
best phase noise. Can you tell me how far off 100 MHz it is when unlocked?
I am trying to determine if mine is typical or partially broken.

Thanks again,

Mark
W7MLG