[time-nuts] Allan variance by sine-wave fitting

Ralph Devoe rgdevoe at gmail.com
Wed Nov 22 18:38:33 EST 2017

Hi Time-nuts and Attila,
         Thanks for the very interesting and informative criticisms. That
is what I was looking for.  I don't agree with most of them, but I need
some time to work out some detailed answers.
          To focus on the forest instead of the trees:  The method uses a
$300 student scope (Digilent Analog discovery- a very fine product), which
any skilled amateur can modify in a weekend, and produce a device which is
10-100 times better than the expensive counters we are used to using.  The
software contains only 125 lines of Python and  pretty much anyone can
write their own. In practice this device is much easier to use than my
53132a.

Ralph