[time-nuts] Next upgrade

EWKehren at aol.com EWKehren at aol.com
Fri Nov 24 06:58:56 EST 2017

A few comments I forgot.
Most Rb's can use a clean up loop, we are experimenting with Wenzel's 600
second loop recently posted here. Exceptions are the HP 5065 the optical
unit is  the source of the performance, Corby experimented with different OCXO,
 performance remained the same. Loop time constant is 0.01 second. There is
also  no way to improve PRS 10 performance it will stay at 2 E-12 because
of DAC  resolution.On related subject Corby and I community regularly and he
mentioned  in all his 5065 work he has never experienced a bad lamp!!
We focus our Rb work on FRK/M100 because next to the 5065 it has the
largest cell and it is easy to work on. Focus right now is OCXO and reducing
time constant. If positive results we may look at inserting an optical filter,
Corby did experimented with it but forgot reducing the time constant.
Bert Kehren

In a message dated 11/22/2017 7:26:57 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,