[time-nuts] Performance verification for time counters

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Wed Nov 29 17:01:09 EST 2017

leo at leobodnar.com said:
> Now, what would be recognised procedure for sweeping external input pulse
> delay over few hundred ns in a controlled, measurable and repeatable way?

How about using another crystal at a slightly different frequency?

Suppose you start with 10.000001 MHz and divide by 10000000.  That will
slowly sweep a pulse.  All you have to do is reset the counter at the right
time to get it started at the right phase.

I think you can do something similar with a DDS type generator starting from
an arbitrary frequency.  It won't sweep in a simple ramp but will be a
sawtooth pattern where the points on each tooth are at slightly different
offsets that will fill in the whole space if you merge them together.

--
These are my opinions.  I hate spam.