[time-nuts] time-c-b.nist.gov replaces time-c.timefreq.bldrdoc.gov on Oct. 5th

Andreas Ott aott01 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 3 02:10:20 EDT 2017

This is relevant for operators pointing to NTP servers from NIST, and I saw
this announcement only by chance on

http://tf.nist.gov/tf-cgi/servers.cgi

*On October 5th time-c-b.nist.gov <http://time-c-b.nist.gov> (new IP
132.163.96.3) will replace time-c.timefreq.bldrdoc.gov
<http://time-c.timefreq.bldrdoc.gov> (IP 132.163.4.103) which will be
turned off on that date*.

Please update your ntp.conf file on or after October 5th. It appears that
this is a hard cutover on that date as the new server is not yet responding.

Note that there are IP address changes coming for
time-a.timefreq.bldrdoc.gov, time-b.timefreq.bldrdoc.gov and
time-d.boulder.nist.gov, but I can't see the dates for these yet.

I don't know if there is a place where an announcement notice of these
service changes would be published by NIST, if you know one, please reply.
It is not mentioned on the Internet Time Service page.

Thanks,
-andreas (K6OTT)